Saturday, December 10, 2011

Memories of happy times and laughing times

This morning, I am working on Olivia's scrapbook.  And I came across her prayer card.  I always have a copy of it with me.  There is one on my desk, one in my purse and one in my car.  But I have not read it recently.  One line reads "of happy times and laughing times."  The makes me think of the Sungasaurs day.  Everyone who is a parent knows that sometimes you take it for granted.  Days when you don't play as much as you should or days when the idea of washing another bottle makes you want to scream.  The Sungasaurs day was different.  Olivia had just started laughing and Nick and I were on the floor playing with her and trying to make her laugh.  We finally figured out that she thought having her belly rubbed was hilarious.  I thank god all the time that we took a video that day.  We were trying to tape a video for Grandpa and it encompasses so many of my "I never want to forget" things about her. 

We have a holiday memorial service for Olivia this afternoon.  We will also go to the cemetery.  Today, I will remember that day.  I will try to focus on the good times- the happy times and laughing times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment