Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This song reminds me of my friends...

This past weekend I spent the weekend in Michigan visiting my "MI friends."  My "MI friends" are my sorority sisters, their husbands.  I was very nervous about it.  So many of them have new babies and I just didn't know if it would be the same.  Would I be okay meeting their kids?  Would we still be able to hang out and have as much fun as before?  I was so excited to go visit but I cried the whole way.  See... I should have been taking my baby there... I should have been introducing her to all them.

Well... I don't know what I was so worried about it.  My "MI friends" are the type of friends that people call forever friends.  They have always been there for me... through the good and the bad of college, through the stress and happiness of getting married, through pregnancy and especially now.  There is something about friends like them... they seem to know more about what I need when then I do.  From the day after when Jade, Erika, Erica and Stefan came here to make sure we ate dinner, help me choose what to wear and help Nick by a suit coat.  To this weekend when Nyx so thoughtfully decided that I could meet Ellie, her 4 month old, next time I visited Michigan. The whole way along my friends have known what to do to make me feel better... even when I didn't know what to ask. 

To all my friends (not just the MI ones)... this song really reminds me of you.  I know you would do all those things... and so much more.  Thank you so much for all you have done.  You are all truly special to me.  And just so you know... I would be heartbroken if I ever had to... but if you were in the same spot someday... I will do all those things for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment