Sunday, April 3, 2011

God needed one little angel...

Brand New Wings by Peter Brandon is the song we played at Olivia's funeral and it really means a lot to Nick and I.  The Saturday after she died we were sitting on our couch searching for a song.  It didn't take even 30 seconds of playing this one that I knew.  We found it on YouTube but we couldn't find it anywhere else.  Finally, my sister e-mailed the artist and he sent it to us to use.

I have not listened since the funeral but I know the words as well as the songs that I hear on the radio every day.  It plays in my head at least 2-3 times a day.  I listened to it this morning because we picked out Olivia's headstone yesterday there will be a line from the song on it.

"God needed one little angel and you were his top candidate."

Everyone always wonders "why?" and that is the only reason that I can come up with.  That for some reason God chose her. 

I thought of the song whole time we were at Miller Monuments yesterday.  We chose blue silk granite.  It is a beautiful purple stone that is so unique.  They will do three designs for us.  It should take 2 weeks to get the designs back and then once we choose the shape, they will order the stone.  Hopefully, her stone will be in place by August or September.

No comments:

Post a Comment