Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kids make holiday's special

Yesterday my mom, dad and grandma came down to help us with some yard work.  We worked all day.  Moving plants, planting plants, weeding, filling in some areas with top soil, and reseeding some areas.  We also took out a strip of sod for Olivia's grave.  My mom took it there today.  It is nice to think that she will always have a little piece of home close.

So Easter this year is pretty lame day.  This year it is no different then any other day.  Except all the stores are closed and there were no coupons in the paper today.  You know... kids make things special.  If Olivia was here we would have dressed her up, went to church and probably had my parents down for a big dinner.  We would have made a big deal about getting her a new dress and I would have made her a basket with lots of Reese's eggs for dad.  I would have set up up and would have dyed eggs with her.  None of these things would have mattered to her but it would have made things special for me.  I didn't do any of that this year. 

I know that this year holidays are going to be hard.  I had so much fun dressing Olivia up for Halloween.  I don't think that it will be that way this year.  I love Christmas and I am really not looking forward to it.  Shopping the day after Christmas is my favorite holiday tradition and this past year we took Olivia out.  I bought a small tree and special ornaments and decorations for Olivia's room.  I will never be able to put up that tree for her.  What about her stocking?  Do I put it up next year?

Ah... anyway I guess I don't have to decide all that right now.  For now I will work on getting through today,  Easter Sunday, without my little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment